Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Unit 5

1. I think that this unit will be talking about what the main theme in the stories are. Theme is whats the main thing they are talking about in the story. I think imagination is important because you can picture what you think about something better than to read something and imagine what someone else is saying.

2."He looked round for his gun, but in place of the clean, well-oiled fowling-piece, he found an old fire lock lying by him". I chose this quote because RIP was in the woods drinking liquor and I assume he was tipsy or drunk and fail asleep and he was sleep for twenty years. In New York it snows in the winter, so therefore there is no way that RIP slept for twenty years because he would have got frozen to death.
"The children of the village, too, would shout with joy whenever he approached. He assisted at their sports, made their playthings, taught them to fly kites and shoot marbles, and told them long stories of ghost witches and Indians". I picked this piece when i first started reading this story I didn't think RIP was a regular person, but he showed he was because he helped the children do things that other people in the village wouldn't maybe do with or for them.

3."Or lose thyself in the continuous woods Where rolls the Oregon, and hears no sound, Save his own dashing --yet the dead are there:" I chose this one because it seemed to me that he thought no one was there but the dead really was there.

5A."The flowers, the animals, the mountains, reflected the wisdom of his best hour, as much as they had delighted the simplicity of his childhood". I chose this one because it reminds me of nature. It makes me think of wanting to visit a place where animals are in the mountains any its filled with plants.
5B.





6A.

No comments:

Post a Comment